geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: automatic builds with tests
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2007 00:38:10 GMT

On Sep 19, 2007, at 4:28 PM, Prasad Kashyap wrote:

> OK. I have enabled the unit tests to run on all builds for both trees
> (2.0 and trunk).
>
> The testsuite presently runs only with all 2.0 builds. I'm soon going
> to enable it to run on all trunk builds too.
>
> Now that all tests are running, there will be only 4 builds a day - 4
> am, 10 am, 4 pm and 10 pm.

Great.

Seems like we talked about this, before... I wish your emails would
have non-mutable Subjects. Rather than including the Revision number
or number of tests passed/failed, just indicate success or failure.
Details are in the body of the mail, already...

For example:

[BUILD] Trunk: Successful for Revision: 577451
[BUILD] 2.0: Failed for Revision: 577231

Since the revision number is always changing, each of those emails
will be a separate Subject thread.

[BUILD] Trunk: Successful
[BUILD] branches/2.0: Failed

These emails would be sorted into the same discussion thread as
previous notifications...

I don't know about your mail reader, but this would really reduce the
amount of real estate your notifications take up. Also, much easier
for me to delete ;-)

--kevan