geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to assemble servers: was: Re: Plugin installer in trunk broke?
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2007 20:27:57 GMT

On Sep 28, 2007, at 12:41 PM, Paul McMahan wrote:

> Sounds great to me.  I'm assuming that on top of what you have
> working locally we could copy geronimo/plugins/console/trunk into
> geronimo/server/trunk/plugins/console (or wherever you had in mind)
> and tweak the poms accordingly for an interim solution.   That will
> provide our pre-assembled servers with a base console that contains
> a plugin installer for installing the other server plugins and
> console extensions like the dojo viewers, system DB and activemq
> portlets, etc.   Those plugins would still need to be built,
> released, and installed separately unless we wanted to move them
> under server/trunk as well as part of this interim solution.
> Depends on how far we want to go with reflecting the modularity of
> the server in how we structure SVN and handle release management.

ATM I'd favor moving everything we expect to ship in any server into
trunk somewhere.  Then reorganize stuff into groups of plugins (e.g.
the amq admin with amq cars jars and rars). Then when it works more
or less reliably and we think the division into plugins/plugin groups
is reasonable move each plugin group into a reasonable separately
versioned area.

thanks
david jencks