geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jarek Gawor" <jga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r574694 - in /geronimo/server/trunk: configs/jetty6-deployer/src/main/plan/ configs/jetty6-deployer/src/plan/ configs/tomcat6-deployer/src/main/plan/ configs/tomcat6-deployer/src/plan/ modules/geronimo-cxf/src/main/java/org/apache/ger
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 20:15:26 GMT

> > Moving the Spring filters to cxf-deployer is better from the
> > modularity point of view (and I'm all for it) but the end results will
> > be the same in this case. I think Kevan's idea might be the best
> > solution here.
>
> The end results here being that Spring-based webapps that contain web
> services would inherit cxf's copy of Spring?   Or that cxf could not
> use Spring to configure itself?  Or something else?  I'm still not
> clear on what breaks or becomes more difficult if we move the filter
> to cxf-deployer or remove it altogether.

Moving the filter from web deployer to cxf deployer will have no
effect on your app. The application will always end up with the same
filter in either setup. It will only work ok, if the filter is in
cxf-deployer *and* if you use Tomcat or configure Axis2 as the JAX-WS
engine. So moving the filter is better but it's definitely not a fool
proof solution.

Maybe for now we should remove the filtering from web deployers and
let each application configure the Spring filtering if necessary.

Jarek