geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Shiva Kumar H R" <shiv...@gmail.com>
Subject Updates to "Apache Geronimo Development Tools Subproject" website
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2007 13:39:31 GMT
Great. Thanks Tim.

Some minor corrections required to the website:
1) "Prerequisites" section currently says,
   1. Sun JDK 5.0+ (J2SE 1.5)
   2. Europa (also known as Eclipse 3.3), which is platform specific
   3. Web Tools Platform (WTP) 2.0.1
   4. Data Tools Platform (DTP) 1.5
   5. Eclipse Modeling Framework (EMF) 2.3
   6. Graphical Editing Framework (GEF) 3.3
Should be:
   1. Sun JDK 5.0+ (J2SE 1.5)
   2. Eclipse 3.3.1 (Eclipse Classic package of Europa distribution), which
is platform specific
   3. Web Tools Platform (WTP) 2.0.1
   4. Data Tools Platform (DTP) 1.5.1
   5. Eclipse Modeling Framework (EMF) 2.3.1
   6. Graphical Editing Framework (GEF) 3.3.1
This was discussed earlier also. Please see
http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@geronimo.apache.org/msg51362.html

2) In "Downloads: Latest Release - Version 2.0.0" section:
 release notes<http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/PLUGIN_RELEASE-NOTES-2.0.0.txt>link
points to a non-existing document.

3) In "Installation Alternatives" section:
"The plug-in can be installed directly from within the plugin by clicking on
the "Don't see your server listed?" ..."
"... from within the plugin" is confusing. Was it meant to be "from within
the WTP" ?

4) In "Installation Alternatives" section:
"Download the plugin from http://apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/2.0.0/ and
unzip it into the same directory ..."
In http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@geronimo.apache.org/msg50304.html Matt
had expressed concerns about direct mentioning of
http://www.apache.org/dist/geronimo/ site address. I think we need to come
up with something like "the download link in
http://geronimo.apache.org/apache-geronimo-v201-release.html "

5) In "News" section:
"Presentation titled "J2EE Application Development on Apache Geronimo
Simplified using Eclipse". Click
here<http://geronimo.apache.org/GMOxDOC11/j2ee-application-development-on-apache-geronimo-simplified-using-eclipse.html>to
The link is currently pointing to a non-existent doc in
geronimo.apache.orgspace. Referred doc is in
cwiki.apache.org space. So the correct link would be "
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC11/j2ee-application-development-on-apache-geronimo-simplified-using-eclipse.html"

6) In "News" section:
Links for "Java Developers Day 2007 in Krakow" and "EclipseWorld 2007"
aren't yet pointing to their specific docs, but rather just point to
http://cwiki.apache.org/geronimo/. I guess these will be updated once their
corresponding wiki pages are created.

7) In "JBoss to Geronimo Migration Tool (J2G)" section:
"... migrating the sources of an application written for the JBoss
application server or written for Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE) to the
Apache Geronimo platform."
Haven't yet explored J2G plug-in much. So curious to know what we mean by
"or written for Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE)"? Does J2G toolkit also
help! in creating Geronimo specific deployment plans for generic J2EE
modules?

8) I guess "Downloads" section of J2G is still not yet complete.

Thanks,
Shiva