geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Anita Kulshreshtha <a_kuls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Schema conversion
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2007 16:09:40 GMT

--- David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Anita!
>
> When I removed the remote login stuff I wrote some schema conversion
>
> code but left it incomplete when I realized it would have to remove a
>
> reference to a gbean I was removing (JaasLoginService?? I can't quite
>
> remember).  My thinking was that if someone was using remote login we
>
> would be drastically changing the behavior of their configuration
> without telling them, so it was better not to try to automatically
> convert the configuration.  However, I left the partial conversion
> code in place.
>
> At this point I'm not sure whether it would be better to move
> forwards towards a "convert it so it deploys" conversion or back
> towards "make the user do the entire conversion".  What do you think?

    I think ""make the user do the entire conversion" is ok :). The
xmlns:log="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/loginconfig-1.2" was very
short lived. It was not used in any released versions. We need to
update the samples on the wiki soon.

Thanks for the explanation!
Anita

> thanks
> david jencks
>
> On Sep 11, 2007, at 6:16 AM, Anita Kulshreshtha wrote:
>
> >     The following schema is converted to
> > xmlns:log="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/loginconfig-2.0", but
> the
> > server-side="true" is not removed from the converted schema. This
> > results in a failed deployment (error pasted below). Is this
> expected
> > behavior?
> >     <dep:xml-reference name="LoginModuleConfiguration">
> >       <log:login-config
> > xmlns:log="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/loginconfig-1.2">
> >         <log:login-module control-flag="REQUIRED"
> server-side="true"
> > wrap-principals="false">
> >
> > Thanks
> > Anita
> >
> > cvc-complex-type.3.2.1: Attribute not allowed (no wildcards
> allowed):
> > server-side in element
> > login-module@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/loginconfig-2.0

> > Catch up on fall's hot new shows on Yahoo! TV. Watch previews, get
>
> > listings, and more!
> > http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/3658

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's economy)
at Yahoo! Games.