geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r573772 - in /tomcat: sandbox/gdev6x/ trunk/
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2007 15:56:31 GMT

On Sep 12, 2007, at 7:44 AM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> On 9/8/07, Paul McMahan <paulmcmahan@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I raised a concern about moving trunk to sandbox since it's the only
>> branch that contains the annotation support needed by Geronimo.  A
>> committer responded that he will think about maintaining a "patchset"
>> with this annotation support.  See http://tinyurl.com/2enw25
>
> How can we work it around? Shall we put Tomcat codebase into our repo
> and maintain ourselves or start the G-T integration over with the
> newest trunk bits?

Well, we already use a patched version of Tomcat and distribute the
binary in our repository dir. There was discussion about releasing a
suitably named binary (rather than maintaining in our svn tree).
Don't think that anyone has tackled this, yet.

Continuing on this patch should give the Tomcat community time to
make amends...

--kevan