geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik B. Craig" <gineme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Move J2G from sandbox to devtools
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2007 21:09:43 GMT

> speaking of which, and maybe is for a different thread. Have you been
> using maven 2 for those apps?
> If so, have you used any template?

Nope, I have left them as-is for compilation/packaging. All of the ones I
have personally touched have been using ant still.

The reason I'm asking is because with Prasad and Viet we've been trying to
> figure out a way to consolidate all the sample applications as well as
> providing some templates to somewhat standardize and facilitate the
> development of sample apps. A couple of days ago a user asked for where are
> the samples in svn referring to those from the wiki.

I did discuss some of this with Viet as well, and my focus has been on
simply getting them working, with moving them to maven/standardizing
afterwards.

Do you think that any of those samples could be updated if needed so then
> can be placed somewhere in svn?

We definitely could with the functional (read: existing) 2.0 ones, if it's
alright that they're still using ant... Would it perhaps be better to get
them standardized and moved over to maven first? Anyway, this discussion
would probably need it's own thread

Cheers!

--
Erik B. Craig