geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik B. Craig" <gineme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Move J2G from sandbox to devtools
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2007 20:21:53 GMT
Yes, they would, actually...

I have done some amount of testing using the sample migration apps, although
it was with the versions that are present in the Geronimo 1.1 wiki pages,
not the Geronimo 2.0 wiki pages.
J2G was successful on these 1.1 applications as well, however the migration
applications at the time weren't flawless out of the box anyway, so there
were some definite issues.. although they were the same issues present if
you were to completely manually step through the migration as per the
documentation. As a result of this, Daytrader proved itself a much more
viable application to test against... which is why I had only mentioned it
in my previous post.

The current migration samples on the Geronimo 2.0 wiki pages should work as
advertised through J2G though, keeping in mind that the tool will only point
out issues in actual source code and database references and the actions
must be manually completed at the discretion of the user.

--
Erik B. Craig