geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Anita Kulshreshtha <a_kuls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: MEJB Question
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2007 15:44:51 GMT

--- David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Sep 20, 2007, at 8:56 AM, Anita Kulshreshtha wrote:
>
> >    I am leaning towards deploying MEJB as an EJBModule. To auto
> deploy
> > this I will be adding an mejb config. Are there any objections?
>
> no :-)
>
> I've been wondering if we should try to separate mejb security from
> other security somehow and thought perhaps we should use a
> GeronimoGroupPrincipal named mejb or mejb-admin.  I think this would
>
> make it easier to e.g. give someone access to the web console but not
>
> the mejb or vice-versa.  If we wanted to be even fancier we could try
>
> mejb-read and mejb-write.

    This is a good idea. MEJB will have two roles: mejbuser (read only)
and mejbadmin (read write). One option is to map mejbuser to admin and
mejbadmin to mejb-admin. The 'admin' already has access to most of the
info via jmx. For the sake of simplicity we could still ship with only
"admin" group and require that mejb-admin be created to get write
access to mejb.
  Should we restric access to JMXViewer also?

> Would this improve modularity or just create more difficult
> configuration?

   Right now I am stuck at this:
   @RolesAllowed({a, b})
   public class ..... {
       @RolesAllowed(b) {
       public .. dosomething() {
       }
   }
   Does this prevent 'a' from accessing dosomething()?

Thanks
Anita

http://farechase.yahoo.com/