geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Tim McConnell <tim.mcco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Updates to "Apache Geronimo Development Tools Subproject" website
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2007 23:45:04 GMT
Shiva Kumar H R wrote:
> Great. Thanks Tim.
>
> Some minor corrections required to the website:
> 1) "Prerequisites" section currently says,
>    1. Sun JDK 5.0+ (J2SE 1.5)
>    2. Europa (also known as Eclipse 3.3), which is platform specific
>    3. Web Tools Platform (WTP) 2.0.1
>    4. Data Tools Platform (DTP) 1.5
>    5. Eclipse Modeling Framework (EMF) 2.3
>    6. Graphical Editing Framework (GEF) 3.3
> Should be:
>    1. Sun JDK 5.0+ (J2SE 1.5)
>    2. Eclipse 3.3.1 (Eclipse Classic package of Europa distribution),
> which is platform specific
>    3. Web Tools Platform (WTP) 2.0.1
>    4. Data Tools Platform (DTP) 1.5.1
>    5. Eclipse Modeling Framework (EMF) 2.3.1
>    6. Graphical Editing Framework (GEF) 3.3.1
> This was discussed earlier also. Please see
> http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@geronimo.apache.org/msg51362.html

Done

> 2) In "Downloads: Latest Release - Version 2.0.0" section:
>  release notes
> <http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/PLUGIN_RELEASE-NOTES-2.0.0.txt>

> link points to a non-existing document.

Done, but I hope you can review the release notes as well, since you had
requested specific content.

> 3) In "Installation Alternatives" section:
> "The plug-in can be installed directly from within the plugin by
> clicking on the "Don't see your server listed?" ..."
> "... from within the plugin" is confusing. Was it meant to be "from
> within the WTP" ?

Done

> 4) In "Installation Alternatives" section:
> "Download the plugin from http://apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/2.0.0/
> and unzip it into the same directory ..."
> In http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@geronimo.apache.org/msg50304.html
> Matt had expressed concerns about direct mentioning of
> http://www.apache.org/dist/geronimo/ site address. I think we need to
> come up with something like "the download link in
> http://geronimo.apache.org/apache-geronimo-v201-release.html "

Not completely yet--will work with Hernan on this....

> 5) In "News" section:
> "Presentation titled "J2EE Application Development on Apache Geronimo
> Simplified using Eclipse". Click here^
> <http://geronimo.apache.org/GMOxDOC11/j2ee-application-development-on-apache-geronimo-simplified-using-eclipse.html>

> to view: "
> The link is currently pointing to a non-existent doc in
> geronimo.apache.org <http://geronimo.apache.org> space. Referred doc is
> in cwiki.apache.org <http://cwiki.apache.org> space. So the correct link
> would be
> "http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC11/j2ee-application-development-on-apache-geronimo-simplified-using-eclipse.html

> <http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC11/j2ee-application-development-on-apache-geronimo-simplified-using-eclipse.html>"

Done

> 6) In "News" section:
> Links for "Java Developers Day 2007 in Krakow" and "EclipseWorld 2007"
> aren't yet pointing to their specific docs, but rather just point to
> http://cwiki.apache.org/geronimo/. I guess these will be updated once
> their corresponding wiki pages are created.

Yes, I'm hoping that Jacek will allow us to use his presentation from Java
Developers Day 2007, and I'm going to provide links to my EclipseWorld 2007
presentations when they are completed.

> 7) In "JBoss to Geronimo Migration Tool (J2G)" section:
> "... migrating the sources of an application written for the JBoss
> application server or written for Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE) to
> the Apache Geronimo platform."
> Haven't yet explored J2G plug-in much. So curious to know what we mean
> by "or written for Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE)"? Does J2G toolkit
> also help! in creating Geronimo specific deployment plans for generic
> J2EE modules?

I'm not sure--I got this verbiage from Jason, Viet, Eric. They are probably
better qualified to answer.

> 8) I guess "Downloads" section of J2G is still not yet complete.

Not yet

--
Thanks,
Tim McConnell