geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Hernan Cunico <hcun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: XML Schemas
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2007 20:20:20 GMT
The idea is to ease development from IDE's that will pick up the schemas right away. Not sure
the redirect would work for these scenarios.

I tried the aliases, just a couple of symbolic links, but then realized about the different
directories for the schemas so I was hoping there would be another way (maybe a maven plugin)
that would to the job.  Apparently there isn't.

I guess I'll get back to the alias work for now until we figure out a better way to do this.

Cheers!
Hernan

Aaron Mulder wrote:
> I'm not that big a fan of trying to make the schema namespace be an
> actual working URL.  Should the schema's namespace end in ".xsd"?
> That seems weird.  Plus we have no control over the location for many
> of the schemas we use (other projects we use, the Sun schemas, etc.)
> And it might result in us scattering our schemas across several
> directories on the site, which over several releases could get quite
> messy.
>
> In contrast, we can point to the correct URL in e.g. a comment at the
> top of the schema, and any file using that schema can include an
> attribute pointing to the specific URL for the schema.  But I guess I
> don't feel super-strongly, other than that I think the main navigation
> for the site ought to always let you get to a listing of the pertinent
> schemas.
>
> Another possibility would be to just set up aliases or redirects so we
> can file the schemas where we want and then make the namespace URLs
> forward or redirect to the actual schema files for additional
> convenience.
>
> Thanks,
>        Aaron
>
> On 9/25/07, Hernan Cunico <hcunico@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>> trying to deal with the schemas update on the web site and I'm looking to some things
I would like to get your input.

>> First of all the actual schemas file name don't match the target name space defined
in the schema itself.

>> Here is the associated JIRA ( https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-3425
). This is mainly for updating the web site but I think it would be more clear for everybody
to have matching names anyway.

>> Is it feasible/practical to have the schemas file names match the name space?
>>
>> Second, in order to have the schemas available on a target's name space matching
URL (http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns ...) we need to have and maintain up-to-date copy a
the schemas on the web site trunk.

>> We currently have the schemas scattered all over the server trunk. Last time Jarek
manually copied the files over but clearly this can not be a manual task.