geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OSGifying org.apache.geronimo.specs
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2007 13:47:14 GMT
For the specs, there are generally 2 version identifiers.  The first
level is the implementation level the spec is supposed to be at.  For
example, javamail 1.4 or javamail 1.3.1.  The second is the Geronimo
release version of that specification.  For example, the javamail 1.4
spec in trunk is currently at the 1.2-SNAPSHOT level.  Does the
OSGIfication of these specs need to capture both levels?

Also, for the javamail spec, there's a separate subtree for the Provider
implementation, which also includes an uber jar that bundles the
provider and spec classes in one jar file.  I suspect these should also
have OSGI bundles too.  The SVN tree for these packages can be found here:

    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/javamail

Rick