geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Should geronimo plans have the "external knobs" in them?
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2007 16:18:04 GMT
Advanced users always want extra knobs to turn... :-)

Seems that we need to update the deployer and Portlet to expose these
knobs/configuration options, instead of restricting the functionality of the
car-maven-plugin or just to that tool.

Maybe the plugin support needs to be moved out of the deployer and into a
separate command module (which can still use the deploy code when a local CAR
is being installed), now that we have GShell?  Seems that there are a lot of
options in the current "deploy" tool which have nothing to do with deploying
and undeploying apps, which should be moved out into GShell as their own
commands....

-Donald