geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: What exactly is going into 2.0.2?
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 17:49:48 GMT

Paul McMahan wrote:
> Joe, you mentioned TCK and our ability to make 2.0.2 available by 9/21.
> I have a question for the team about that.   I would like to bump
> Geronimo's version of MyFaces from 1.2.0 to 1.2.1 since that new release
> contains several bug fixes, some of them actually found and reported by
> Geronimo users.  But doing that could affect Geronimo's TCK results and
> affect the 9/21 delivery date.   I would imagine that the same is true
> for other dependencies.    Are we OK with picking up maintenance
> releases of Geronimo dependencies in 2.0.2 even if we think TCK issues
> could slow us down?   Or should we keep 2.0.2 focused on "localized"
> changes and only bump the dependency versions in Geronimo 2.1 so we have
> more time to deal any resulting TCK issues?

I think it makes sense to move to the latest version of the Geronimo
dependencies.  However, it probably makes sense to validate areas in the
TCK that may be impacted prior to the change or soon there-after in case
there are issues that need to be resolve which might impact our ability
to deliver in a timely manner.

Joe