geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Tim McConnell <tim.mcco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r574770 - in /geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/branches/2.0.0:
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2007 16:57:11 GMT
Hi again Lin, I'll create an RC3 to fix the licensing problems. But the
plugin.xml for geronimo.st.v20.core_2.0.0.jar is correct if you look at it from
the actual deployable zip that is being (and will be) voted on, or even in svn.
It actually points to a real eclipse update site (e.g.,
http://www.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/updates). I change it on the staging
site only so that when Scenario #2 is executed, and that  particular plugin gets
installed from the staging site, it will subsequently search on the staging site
when downloading server runtimes. Otherwise, the "download and install" button
of the Eclipse plugin could not be tested during the review period. That's also
one of the reason that Scenario #1 and Scenario #2 are mutually exclusive. If
you do Scenario #1, which is just an unzip of the deployable zip file, you
cannot use the staging site to download and install the server runtimes. Thanks

--
Thanks,
Tim McConnell