geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: New GShell-based Geronimo Server launcher now in server/trunk
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2007 13:07:14 GMT

Jason Dillon wrote:

> Anyways... email for any reason.  Aighty?

Hey Jason,

Before I realized the new gshell changes were introduced yesterday I
attempted to start the server the old fashioned way using ./geronimo.sh
run.  This failed due to the assembly not containing the necessary yoko
bits in lib/endorsed.

As a hack I checked in a change to boilerplate-minimal to add those bits
back in lib/endorsed (http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=575357&view=rev)
so I could get an assembly that would start the old way.  BTW, I tried
this same change in boilderplate-javaee5 but it didn't have the desired
effect on the assemblies.

I'm not clear if we intend to keep things working with geronimo.sh or if
a similar change was even necessary to start the server using gshell
(perhaps it has some magic to dynamically create lib/endorsed?).  So
please feel free to revert the change, provide recommendations for how I
should fix this, or make the necessary corrections to undo any damage I
may have done.

Now I'm off to play some with cool gshell :-)  ...

Joe