geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Release Geronimo Eclipse Plugin 2.0.0 (RC2)
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2007 14:45:37 GMT
Understand your frustrations, but the Eclipse levels in build.xml have nothing
to do with the user runtime levels and don't need to be updated unless we want
to use newer features/APIs in future Eclipse 3.3.x or WTP 2.0.x releases....

I think we all have learned now not to depend on the major train releases of
Eclipse, but to wait for the first maintenance release for any expected plugin
releases....

We also need to continue supporting the prior Eclipse level in future plugin
updates, for any of our ISV and production users, who can't always upgrade to
the latest Eclipse levels due to other project requirements or tool
dependencies....

-Donald