geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Tim McConnell <tim.mcco...@gmail.com>
Subject [VOTE] Release Geronimo Eclipse Plugin 2.0.0 (RC2)
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2007 03:06:09 GMT
Hi, Please review and vote on the release of the Geronimo Eclipse Plugin 2.0.0
RC2 (to correspond with the Geronimo 2.0.1 Server release). Changes from RC1
include:

1.  Updates to License/Notice files
2.  Numerous JIRA fixes

The deployable zip file is here:

---->
http://people.apache.org/~mcconne/releases/RC2/g-eclipse-plugin-2.0.0-deployable-RC2.zip

The update site zip file is here:

---->
http://people.apache.org/~mcconne/releases/RC2/g-eclipse-plugin-2.0.0-updatesite-RC2.zip

The current svn location is here (revision number 575055):

---->
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/branches/2.0.0

The future svn location will be here:

----> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/tags/2.0.0

There is a rudimentary set of install instructions available at the URL below
that will hopefully describe the necessary prereqs and steps required to install
and run the plugin. I'm in the process of creating Wiki pages for the Plugin
Release Process and General Information about the plugin, and would like to use
this document as a base for the General Information page. So, I would be very
interested in getting feedback on these instructions:

---->
http://people.apache.org/~mcconne/releases/RC2/Geronimo_Eclipse_Plugin_2.0.0_Instructions-RC2.txt

Additionally, there is an ant build.xml file that can be used to download all
the prereqs for the plugin. It is documented in the instructions.
Finally, I've created a Staging Site that used to test the update manager
functions of Eclipse for downloading both the plugin itself and the Geronimo
Server. This is also documented in the instructions.

The vote will conclude at 11:00 PM EST on Saturday, September 15th.

--
Thanks,
Tim McConnell