geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: svn commit: r573772 - in /tomcat: sandbox/gdev6x/ trunk/
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2007 00:19:40 GMT
The whole debate was a huge fiasco, and unfortunately the one that
screams the most and makes up the best stories win, not necessarily what
is best for the community or the product.
I had no choice but to follow what was going on. I'm not sure what is
going to happen to this code base at this point, there is a lot more bs
to be resolved before anything happens.

I'm waiting to see if the board will say anything about the issue, if
they stay dormant, then most likely that codebase will to. There is no
way an API change like that will make it's way into a stable branch like
6.0.x.

sorry about the hassle, but I had little support keeping it in trunk,
the decision to move it to sandbox had nothing to do with comet, or
anything else, simply egos that got in the way of rational decisions.

Once again, my apologies, but you can't say I didn't try :|

Filip