geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Tim McConnell <tim.mcco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Geronimo Eclipse Plugin 2.0.0
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2007 12:06:52 GMT
Hi Matt, to address the problems you've encountered I've done a number of things
to hopefully ease the effort required to review and test the plugin:

1 -- There is now a rudimentary set of install instructions available at the url
below that will hopefully describe the necessary prereqs and steps required to
install and run the plugin. I'm in the process of creating Wiki pages for the
Plugin Release Process and General Information about the plugin, and would like
to use this document as a base for the General Information page. So, I would be
very interested in getting feedback on these instructions:

	http://people.apache.org/~mcconne/releases/Geronimo_Eclipse_Plugin_2.0_Instructions.txt

2 -- There is now an ant build.xml file that can be used to download all the
prereqs for the plugin. It is documented in the instructions.

3 -- Per numerous recommendations, I've created a Staging Site that used to test
the update manager functions of Eclipse for downloading both the plugin itself
and the Geronimo Server. This is also documented in the instructions.

Hopefully, these will help. If not just let me know. The vote will now conclude
at 8:00 AM EST Sunday September 9th. Thanks much

--
Thanks,
Tim McConnell