geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Ted Kirby" <ted.ki...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Release Geronimo Eclipse Plugin 2.0.0 (RC2)
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2007 14:12:41 GMT
Tim and I have been working hard on getting the "Download and Install"
function to work to download a server for the eclipse update site and
install it your machine.  The stablest level on which we have found
this to work is WTP2.0.1RC1.  Other minor issues/problems occur at
lower WTP levels.  Running and debugging the plugin in eclipse has
been tedious and buggy.  I would vote -99 for releasing the plugin on
any level less than WTP2.0.1RC1.  I have been frustrated to not be
able to work on other things because of these issues.  You may well
judge that I am unduly focused on these issues.  I am glad that you
and others have success with the plugin and various enhancements.  I
am certainly disappointed in WTP2.0.x at this point.  What level of
WTP are you using?  The WTP 2.0.1 release schedule is here:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/WTP_Release_2.0.1_Schedule, and calls for a
9/28 GA.  I am good with an Apache Geronimo Eclipse plugin GA running
with WTP2.0.1RC1.  Assuming WTP2.0.1 GA works as well as this one,
when it comes out, I think we should upgrade our levels and Tim's
build.xml to move to that level.  It unfortunately seems prudent for
us to dig into the eclipse WTP community to make sure the parts we use
work.

Ted Kirby