geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Paul McMahan <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Plugin installer in trunk broke?
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2007 16:35:04 GMT
The old admin console in trunk still has a few loose ends after the
schema changes in GERONIMO-3330.   Right now we're fixing/improving
the plugin management portlet in the new admin console based on the
ppt I sent out the other day and it should work OK for you.   It's
pretty easy to install into a minimal assembly using:

%  bin/deploy.sh search-plugins http://geronimo.apache.org/plugins/
geronimo-2.1/

   Administration Console :: Tomcat plugin
         63:  (1.0-SNAPSHOT)
   Administration Console :: Jetty plugin
         64:  (1.0-SNAPSHOT)

You can install it into a jee5 assembly if you uninstall the old
admin console first (they both want to use /console context root).

As indicated above, the new pluggable admin console is itself a
plugin and is not kept in server/trunk.  So when we start building
the full-sized assemblies from framework+plugins we can replace the
old admin console.   I left the old one in place to minimize
disruption while we figure out how we want to build servers using the
more modular approach.

Best wishes,
Paul