geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Paul McMahan <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Status of Geronimo 1.1.1 plugins not yet in 2.0.1 ?
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2007 19:05:53 GMT
On Sep 5, 2007, at 2:14 PM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

> I can post the whole Quartz plugin to a Jira and tick the ASL granted
> box if that will make things easy.

That sounds fine.  IIUC we would then use the IP clearance process as
described here:
     http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance

Or since you're a committer we could avoid that by committing
directly to apache SVN if that's easier for you.  I can provide you
with a patch that would insert all the necessary copyright headers
prior to committing if you like.

Either way I'm available to help.

> It may also require the plugin support module for the deployment
> integration.  My recollection is that we already added that to Apache,
> but we ought to confirm.  It would surely require some updates for
> 2.0, but perhaps we can avoid things like the console integration code
> and the deploy-as-part-of-WAR code if that's not something that's
> needed right away.

I'm not sure if the support module is at Apache yet.   If not then
right now is a good time to look into merging those enhancements into
the server since we are making several enhancements to the plugin
framework right now.  Like David Jencks just added the ability to
automatically create geronimo-plugin.xml using the car-maven-
plugin.   And for the admin console we're using a newer version of
pluto so that plugins can dynamically add/remove portlets.

Best wishes,
Paul