geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Schema issues
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2007 23:42:59 GMT

On Sep 7, 2007, at 10:38 AM, Jarek Gawor wrote:

> I was collecting the different schema files used by Geronimo to
> publish them on a web site and I noticed one thing with the
> plugins-1.2 xsd. First, it imports attributes-1.1.xsd and not
> attributes-1.2.xsd. And that's fine. That's what 2.0.1 came out with.
> But in trunk the plugins-1.2.xsd was updated to import
> attributes-1.2.xsd. I don't think that is right as it will break
> compatibility. I think we should create plugins-1.3.xsd (with -1.3
> namespace) which then can import the attributes-1.2.xsd (and switch
> the plugins-1.2.xsd to the version in branches/2.0).

I guess I didn't notice that 2.0.1 was going out with something
called plugins-1.2 when I started working on GERONIMO-3330 which also
included a rather different plugins-1.2.  I'll see about renaming the
file in trunk to plugins-1.3 although it might take me a few days.

> I also validated the rest of the .xsd files and for the most part they
> validate ok. A few of them ( geronimo-web-2.0.xsd,
> geronimo-jetty-2.0.xsd, and geronimo-tomcat-2.0.xsd) import
> persistence-1.0.xsd as a local file. I can't find that file anywhere
> in Geronimo. Should I update these Geronimo .xsd files to refer to
> http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/persistence_1_0.xsd or should
> we pull it in locally?

I'm not sure what you mean by "refer to..." but either one is fine
with me as long as I don't have to deal with any questions about
whether CDDL licensed source files can be in apache svn.  It looks
like the current draft of the 3rd party licensing policy would allow
us to include a cddl licensed persistence_1_0.xsd:

http://people.apache.org/~rubys/3party.html

redirected from http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html

thanks
david jencks