geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Is there a procedure to be followed to put new code in geronimo\plugins
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2007 17:25:43 GMT

On Aug 23, 2007, at 10:10 AM, Vamsavardhana Reddy wrote:

> One other question...  Is it necessary that the plugin (if it tends
> to be different for Tomcat and Jetty or in another context, say
> Axis2 and CXF) should be made available for all distributions?  I
> guess we are establishing the procedure now and so wanted to cover
> as many situations as possible.

It might depend what it is.  However in general I think its best to
provide plugins for each set of prerequisites.  For instance I
probably won't object if you don't provide a plugin for tomcat and
jeff probably won't object if you don't provide a plugin for jetty :-)

i.e. use your judgement on what is practical and good for the community.

thanks
david jencks