geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: Is there a procedure to be followed to put new code in geronimo\plugins
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2007 19:21:27 GMT
> On Aug 21, 2007, at 11:24 AM, Vamsavardhana Reddy wrote:
>
>> I was wondering if there is a procedure to be followed to put new
>> code in geronimo\plugins?
>
> i've been making it up as I go along.  An actual suggested
> procedure or maven archetype would be much better.  I think the
> minimum is having a
> <plugin project>
> - trunk
> - branches
> - tags
>
> svn structure.  I just moved the roller plugin to this structure
> today.
>
> Both my plugin poms have
>     <parent>
>         <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.genesis.config</groupId>
>         <artifactId>project-config</artifactId>
>         <version>1.2</version>
>     </parent>
>
>     <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.plugins</groupId>
>
> I wonder if we should have a parent pom for all plugins
> specifically?  So far I'm just not sure one way or another, so
> perhaps postponing that until we know what would go in it would be
> good.

Yup, that looks good.  We should probably have a parent pom for
plugins... I'll look into that when I revisit our parents for other
projects... need to fix it up and make it simpler.  For now just use
project-config.

> No plugins from "plugins" have ever been released.  I'd like to see:
>
> - use the maven release plugin + staging plugin
> - use the maven-remote-resources-plugin
>
> as minimum requirements for releasing.  I've yet to get the maven-
> release-plugin to tag into the correct directory so this might take
> a little work.  remote-resources seems to just work :-)

Yup, this is the plan.  The normal mvn release:* bits should work
well with smaller/less complicated projects, which I'm hoping these
plugins will be.

--jason