geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: New threads launched from an EJB do not run as the same Subject as the launching thread
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2007 07:17:16 GMT

On Aug 26, 2007, at 11:05 PM, Vamsavardhana Reddy wrote:

> New threads launched from an EJB context do not run as the same
> Subject as the thread that launched it.  This causes a failure when
> this new thread calls an EJB with restricted method permissions.
> Looks like JBoss and BEA Weblogic carry over Subjects to new
> threads that are launched from within an EJB.  Should we consider
> this functionality for Geronimo?

Aren't we supposed to prevent ejbs from starting threads?  Does the
commonj thread pool have a facility for supplying the security
context from the request submitting thread to the worker thread?

I guess we should do this, and I think we just need to use an
InheritableThreadLocal in ContextManager.

thanks
david jencks