geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: proper behavior for "deploy list-targets" with multiple repositories when server is not running
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2007 00:37:54 GMT

On Aug 7, 2007, at 5:14 PM, Ted Kirby wrote:

> When the server is running, the list-targets command lists additional
> repositories that may have been configured.  When the server is not
> running, only the base repository is listed.
>
> What should the correct behavior be?
>
> The list of repositories are kept in config.xml and are not available
> remotely when the server is not running.  It seems nothing should be
> returned by list-targets when the server is down.

I don't think that's quite right.  Isn't the list always that of the
set of config-stores running in the relevant kernel, which for the
offline deployer is typically just the "main" config-store?  I think
if you want to have the offline deployer deploy to more config-stores
you can add configurations that start those config stores to the
offline-deployer-config.xml

I think the current behavior is fine.

thanks
david jencks