geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo 2.0 Release suspended due to security issue found before release
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2007 02:12:03 GMT

> I think I've fixed GERONIMO-3404 and GERONIMO-3406 in trunk, rev
> 565599.  It might be a good idea for this to get a review before we
> port it to branches/2.0 and possibly branches/2.0.x.

I'm looking things over now... May take me a bit... Easy to get this
logic a bit twisted...

> I haven't decided how to fix GERONIMO-3407 yet, and could be talked
> out of it for 2.0.1. The problem would manifest itself as geronimo
> not working if anyone tried to  use a login module with REQUISITE
> or (I think) SUFFICIENT flags.  I don't think there's any security
> exposure, it just that you effectively couldn't log in with such a
> login configuration.

Hmm. I was thinking the big issue was with the SUFFICIENT flag -- if
a SUFFICIENT LoginModule succeeds, authentication does not proceed
down the chain of LoginModules. Thus the
SubjectLoginRegistrationModule might not be invoked.

Likewise, if a REQUISITE LoginModule fails, the
SubjectLoginRegistrationModule wouldn't be invoked. Since the login
won't succeed, this doesn't seem like a big issue. Am I missing
something?

> On a completely unrelated issue I can't build modules/geronimo-axis-
> builder in trunk as part of the main build, I get a complaint from
> javac.  I don't have problems building it by itself.  Anyone else
> see this?

I'm not having a problem...

--kevan