geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Now that we released...how about 2 more...
Date Sat, 25 Aug 2007 16:50:19 GMT

On Aug 25, 2007, at 10:47 AM, Jeff Genender wrote:

> Kevan Miller wrote:
>>
>> That would be great. Do you have a login on the test systems that
>> have
>> been used for cert? Or perhaps a better solution is to setup a shared
>> (or temporary use) cts login that could be used...
>>

> Sure...I would be happy to.  Would you like to help me with the
> clustering?

Heh. Well, you can try to convince me... ;-)

So, to be clear -- I certainly didn't mean to imply that *only* you
could certify these alternate configurations of Geronimo. If anyone
with TCK access wants to run these tests, then that's fantastic. I
don't plan on running them. If I see requests from Geronimo users
requesting certification of these configurations, then I'd probably
run them myself.

Also, to be clear on terminology. From my perspective -- we
*released* Geronimo 2.0 (all of it). We *certified* 2 different
assemblies/configurations of Geronimo (the assemblies that we agreed
to in our 2.0 release discussions). We could run certification tests
on additional assemblies of Geronimo. In the meantime, if any
problems are found with alternate configurations of Geronimo, I'm
sure that we'd work aggressively to fix the problems.

--kevan