geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: New openejb deployer has very different assumptions than the rest of the deployment system-- not compatible with offline deployment
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2007 19:42:40 GMT
I think this is a very important issue and I apologize for letting it
slide under my radar.  I still don't know enough about openejb3 to
know how to  fix it myself.  I guess I think the release notes for
2.0 should include a warning saying that use of the offline deployer
for ejb apps is not advised.

It's pretty easy to see why activemq is being started:

openejb-deployer needed to deploy your ejb app
openejb-deployer requires openejb (runtime) to be running in order to
work (this is the problem)
openejb requires activemq (I imagine this is basically for
convenience, but I don't actually know how tied openejb is to a
particular jms implementation (amq))

thanks for bringing this up again.

david jencks