geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <>
Subject Re: SUN PROPRIETARY/CONFIDENTIAL code in myfaces
Date Sat, 04 Aug 2007 18:38:06 GMT

On Aug 4, 2007, at 3:23 AM, David Jencks wrote:

> OK, on to a more specific and time-critical question.
> Geronimo has the pre-cddl j2ee 1.4 and javaee5 schemas in the
> hidden tck svn repo, and we use xmlbeans to generate classes from
> them.  Previously we've released source and .class jars for the
> j2ee 1.4 schemas.  We are currently voting on new source and .class
> jars for both the j2ee 1.4 and javaee5 schemas.  This vote will end
> aug 4 at 7:17 PST and unless we receive clear notice to the
> contrary will be released to the apache maven repo and thence the
> maven central repo shortly thereafter.
> The stuff being voted on is at

Given the current state of this discussion, I don't think that the
vote on these releases can be passed. As you have noted on
dev@geronimo the same condition would apply to our geronimo-
servlet_2.5_spec vote. Until we've resolved this CDDL issue, IMO we
won't be able to make these releases. I've noted my opinion on the
relevant vote threads.

View raw message