geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject 2.0 release status
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2007 13:16:03 GMT
Here's where things stand at the moment

Specs
We have a vote on 3 spec releases that have been held up by a CDDL
licensing issue. After reviewing the issues, I don't think these
specs have a problem. They are not built with CDDL licensed
materials. We <could> start to rebase our specs on CDDL licensed
materials. I think this would make things cleaner. However, I don't
think that it is necessary to do that now.

Schemas
We have an outstanding vote on two schema releases. These releases
are built from CDDL licensed materials. At the moment, the license
and notice files for the schema releases are not correct. I think we
should do the following: move the schema source directories from our
tck svn repository to our public repository, fix our license and
notice files, and build schema releases from there. Note that both
the schema source directories and the resultant schema binaries will
have CDDL licensed elements. The current guidance that we have
received from legal-discuss is that both source and binary CDDL is ok
for us to release. We will need to be sure that our schemas follow
all CDDL requirements.

TX-Manager and Connector components
The recently released 2.0 version of geronimo-connector has a
problem. The geronimo-connector-2.0-tests.jar does not contain any
classes. So, server builds fail when running tests. Matt has created
a 2.0.1 release. We'll need to vote on this new release.

2.0 Release
Matt and I have been working on updating branches/2.0.0 in
preparation for a release. At the moment, the build is failing
because of an xmlbeans version incompatibility. I haven't worked out
the cause of this problem, yet. Once we're able to build, we can
start testing and get a release vote started. This vote either cover
the above specs/schemas/components releases or the vote would be
dependent on separate release votes.

--kevan