geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Could we use the maven-remote-resources plugin to install the legal files?
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2007 23:39:51 GMT
It normally gets stuff from a "resource bundle" such as

org.apache:apache-jar-resource-bundle:1.0

which has the standard apache license and notice files in it.

It installs them into at least normal and test jars, I haven't
checked about source jars.

I think you can configure it to add local files as well but I haven't
figured out exactly how.  If worst came to worst we could publish
jars of our unusual notice files.  It might aggregate stuff from the
depenency's notice files, I'm not quite sure what the documentation
is saying.

I think using a single standard copy of the license/notice files
would be a lot more pleasant than having a copy in each dir, and
unusual modules would be easier to spot.

thanks
david jencks