geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: removal of spring dependencies from cxf module
Date Sat, 25 Aug 2007 13:59:29 GMT

On Aug 24, 2007, at 5:35 PM, Jeff Genender wrote:

> Kevan,
>
> IIU the reason you are asking, removal of the Spring dependencies from
> CXF would appear to be a band aid and temporary fix to the real issue.
> Is this about the Spring versioning and different versions getting
> loaded? (If not then never mind)

I wouldn't characterize this as a band-aid. And I doubt that I would
advocate a different approach to solving this problem in a 2.0.x
release.

FYI, at present, cxf-based web services client code requires access
to Spring classes from the application's ClassLoader. So, even if you
wanted to completely isolate the application ClassLoader from system
ClassLoaders, this must be changed. I probably could have narrowed my
request a bit by saying can we just fix this web services client code
dependency -- better, I think to remove the spring dependency all
together from our cxf module.

--kevan