geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Paul McMahan <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Geronimo 2.0 (rc1) Release
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2007 18:17:01 GMT
FYI, I updated the Geronimo 2.0 plugin catalog to be compatible with
the 2.0 release candidate.  This will allow you to test downloading
and installing 2.0-SNAPSHOT plugins from the apache snapshot
repository into your 2.0 server.   Many of the 2.0-SNAPSHOT plugins
will install OK but fail to start because of incompatibilities with
the 2.0 runtime - mainly due to api changes in the server that
occurred after the 2.0-SNAPSHOT plugins were deployed.

When Geronimo 2.0 is released and deployed to maven central I will
update the catalog to point at the 2.0 plugins instead of the 2.0-
SNAPSHOT plugins.  As Geronimo becomes more componentized we may need
to revisit how this process works so that we don't release the
plugins before verifying they work correctly in the server of that
same version.

Best wishes,

View raw message