geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject including maven descriptors in jar files
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2007 21:08:00 GMT
IIUC we are currently leaving the maven descriptors out of all our
artifacts due to the maven-jar-plugin configuration in the root pom.
Also IIUC we only get in trouble from long paths from these maven
descriptors for artifacts we unpack in our repo, such as car files
and maybe wars.  I find these poms rather useful in figuring out just
what it is I'm looking at, so I'd prefer to include as many of them
as do not cause problems.

Could we perhaps move the "don't include poms" configuration to
configs and the wars in applications?

thanks
david jencks