geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Paul McMahan <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Splitting up the server into a few more chunks
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2007 15:52:53 GMT
On Aug 29, 2007, at 1:12 PM, Prasad Kashyap wrote:

> 2. We have to split the current build tree into support, framework,
> and plugins sub-trees. Other than support and framework, everything
> else should be plugins. This includes jee5, non-jee5, samples etc.
> which could go in their own subtrees or be together.

I like your ideas.  Taking a step back are we in agreement on the
"everything else as plugins" approach?  We have been hinting at this
for some time and doing various interesting things with plugins but I
don't see enough of the big picture yet to provide much useful
feedback on your proposal.   Maybe the time is right to start a big
picture discussion about plugins. I'll cook something up and maybe
that thread will help us answer some of your questions.

Best wishes,
Paul