geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is there a procedure to be followed to put new code in geronimo\plugins
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2007 04:29:09 GMT

> I'm not sure if/when we've faced this in the past but I'd be
> comfortable  with:
> - moving code to plugins
> - announcing it on the dev list
> - in 3-7 days pushing a snapshot if there are no major objections

Sounds ok. I would expect that we'd have had some advanced warning
before the code had been moved into plugins... With such advance
notice, I'd say 3 day lazy consensus period is quite adequate.

This is somewhat akin to adding a new module to Geronimo server and
"deploying" the new jar file to a snapshot repository. Major
difference is people tend to watch server development a bit more
closely...

--kevan