geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: New GShell-based Geronimo Server launcher now in server/trunk
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2007 18:13:12 GMT
On Aug 23, 2007, at 8:40 AM, Joe Bohn wrote:
> Jason,
>
> I finally got around to looking at this.  It's really cool!

:-)

> This is a great way to address the environment and java opt issues
> in a more dynamic way to plugins to potentially exploit.
>
> In addition to some of the items David mentioned it would also be
> great to have some more query capabilities both in gsh and the
> start-server script.  For example; the ability to list all
> environment variables, list system or geronimo properties set, list
> javaopts, list of all scripts to be run prior to the starting
> server, etc...

Sure, thats all uber simple to add.

> One curious thing I noticed was that it seemed to drag a bit when I
> terminated geronimo from the console.  It might have nothing to do
> with gsh but it seemed to take a long time before the gsh showed
> the server finally terminated ... just fyi and fwiw ... may be
> nothing to do with gsh.

No, its not anything to do with gsh directly, its just that you
aren't seeing the messages on the console when the server shuts
down.  I'm not really sure how to capture that stuff actually, same
problem happens with the geronimo:start-sever goal.

I did however add a message to the console when a shutdown is
detected to let the user know what was going on.

--jason