geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Anita Kulshreshtha <a_kuls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Standalone Geronimo 2.0.1 client
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2007 12:32:22 GMT
    I have successfully used
props.put("java.naming.provider.url", "127.0.0.1:4201")
   to run stand alone remote client to access MEJB. Should we be using
ejbd://? Few somewhat related questions :
1 The JNDI name for MEJB is
MEJBGBean/MEJB/javax.management.j2ee.Management.
Is it possible to have it as ejb/mgmt/MEJB?
2. Why does MEJB not show up in the JNDIViewer in console?

Thanks
Anita

Begin forwarded message:

> From: David Blevins <david.blevins@...>
> Date: August 29, 2007 11:34:24 AM PDT
> To: user@...
> Subject: Re: Standalone Geronimo 2.0.1 client
>
> The jar libraries for a standalone client are just openejb-
> client-3.0.0-nnnnnnn.jar, the EJB spec jar, plus any other spec
> jars you may use (JTA, JPA, annotations).
>
> Then use these properties:
>
>     Properties props = new Properties();
>     props.put("java.naming.factory.initial",
> "org.apache.openejb.client.RemoteInitialContextFactory");
>     props.put("java.naming.provider.url", "ejbd://127.0.0.1:4201");
>     InitialContext context = new InitialContext(props);
>
> The JNDI Names of your beans is going to be essentially {moduleId}/
> {ejbName}/{interfaceClass} and are logged when the app is started
> on the info level of the OpenEJB.startup log4j category.  Info
> isn't enabled by default, though, and there have been reports of
> difficulty getting those log messages to show up which we are
> looking into.
>
> -David

Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's
http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/222