geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Merge ettiquette
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2007 21:56:07 GMT
I've noticed that sometimes when people merge bug fixes/changes from
one branch to another they don't include the jira number from the
original commit.  This makes it exceedingly hard to figure out which
branches something has been fixed in from the jira issue or the
commit logs.

In the future can everyone please be very careful to include jira
numbers on all branch-to-branch merges when the original commit was
associated with a jira entry.  I usually provide a bit of backup by
commenting on the jira entry with the merge revision number as well.

thanks
david jencks