geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: New GShell-based Geronimo Server launcher now in server/trunk
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2007 07:08:51 GMT
On Aug 27, 2007, at 8:28 PM, Prasad Kashyap wrote:
> I wanted to see how much Jason really really luvvvvvs Windows. So I
> began trying GShell on that OS :-)
>
> First, I was surprised it even had batch files to support Windows
> users. Thanx Jason. You really have gone out of your way :-)... Just
> kidding !
>
> gsh.bat had a small typo. svn commit: r570296 fixes that.
>
> Next, in the interactive mode, I tried "start-server help". It threw
> the following error
>> start-server  help
> 23:02:42,030 ERROR [InteractiveConsole] Error
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: groovy/lang/GroovyObject
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:620)
>         at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass
> (SecureClassLoader.java:124)
>
> I'll try to debug this tomorrow morning. However, I believe GShell
> will be of great use/help when we want to build a stackable server
> starting from a bare-bones framework that won't even have a console.
> For this we'll need plugin install capabilities in the GShell.
>
> Go Jason, Go !
>
> Whether you like it or not, there's a sizeable number of our users who
> will be on Windows. And whether I like it or not, I or somebody will
> have to try our popular features on that hated OS :-(

Ya, I am aware of the very, very, very sad and unfortunate fact...
those poor users.  Anyways, GShell should help us build more portable
fluff for them, since we can code the platform specifics directly in
Java.

I'm not sure what the above exception is from, I'll fire up a build
on my windows system and see what it pukes up.

--jason