geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: New GShell-based Geronimo Server launcher now in server/trunk
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2007 15:40:12 GMT
Jason,

I finally got around to looking at this.  It's really cool!

This is a great way to address the environment and java opt issues in a
more dynamic way to plugins to potentially exploit.

In addition to some of the items David mentioned it would also be great
to have some more query capabilities both in gsh and the start-server
script.  For example; the ability to list all environment variables,
list system or geronimo properties set, list javaopts, list of all
scripts to be run prior to the starting server, etc...

One curious thing I noticed was that it seemed to drag a bit when I
terminated geronimo from the console.  It might have nothing to do with
gsh but it seemed to take a long time before the gsh showed the server
finally terminated ... just fyi and fwiw ... may be nothing to do with gsh.

Great work Jason!

Joe