geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Release Geronimo 2.0.1 (rc1)
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2007 21:57:39 GMT

Hernan Cunico wrote:
> Anybody seeing plugin issues, specially when starting them?
> Could it be a versioning problem, I get similar errors on both Jetty and
> Tomcat
> - Unable to start configuration org.apache.geronimo.configs
> - org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.InvalidConfigException: Unknown
> start exception
> - org.apache.geronimo.gbean.InvalidConfigurationException: Getter method
> not found Attribute Name: URLFor, Type: class,
> GBeanInstance: Jetty WebApplication Context

Where did you get the plugin that you are trying to install?  Do we have
any plugins yet for 2.0.1?

I attempted to install a plugin for 2.0-SNAPSHOT (Jakarta JSP Examples
from the 2.0 plugins repo which was the default in the console even
though this is 2.0.1).  The 2.0-SNAPSHOT plugins were listed as
available for install for 2.0.1.  As you mentioned, it installed fine
but when I attempted to start it I hit the same errors you listed.  At
the root of all of them was an NoSuchMethodException for

It looks like this method was removed from both our Jetty & Tomcat
WebAppConext as part of the connector changes.

Is there still some plugin & plugin site prep work necessary for 2.0.1?
I suspect that we need to have new plugins generated for 2.0.1 and
ensure the 2.0-SNAPSHOT plugins are marked as incompatible with 2.0.1.

View raw message