geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Petersson <pe...@pmb.mine.nu>
Subject Re: Can't remote access geronimo 2.0 on Linux (GERONIMO-3191)
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2007 23:11:30 GMT
Hi Rodrigo
As I am also running G on a Ubuntu system (although it's 7.10) I thought
I should give it a try and I get a similar problem (although I am not
really reproducing yours).
In my case I tried the "deploy login" command from a client also running
Ubuntu from within a local network and surprisingly it failed with the
following

    Error: Unable to connect to server at
    deployer:geronimo:jmx://192.168.2.1:1099 -- Connection refused to
    host: 127.0.0.1; nested exception is:

As I am trying this via a local network connection and no firewall rules
should be in the way so I should not get "connection refused" but I did
so if this is suppose to work right out of the box(?) we may have some
weird problem and in my case this could be related to some IPv6 problem
as I found out that the rmiregistry (port 1099) was running on IPv6

   netstat -plt
    :
   tcp        0      0 *:www                   *:*
LISTEN     -
    :
   tcp6       0      0 *:rmiregistry           *:*
LISTEN     -

I don't know way this should be a problem (I am not a network expert)
but apparently something is wrong. However as in your case from local
machine it works fine.
I haven't upgraded to 2.0 yet on the server, so this test has been done
on G v1.1.1 and FYI all the address and port binds are the defaults (in
config.xml) so G and rmiregistry should bind to all interfaces.

However In your case you get "no such object in table" which to me looks
like you actually got the initial connection on port 1099 but a failure
in the object call (using some other port) so our problems may not be
related but anyhow It seem you are not completely alone on this. You
could try sniff the network traffic with Wireshark (you can do a apt-get
if you don't have it already), you may whant to use some traffic filter
for example "tcp port 1099 || tcp port XXXX" to minimize the noise.

Sry I couldn't help you more with this, lets see what more the G devs
have to say about it ?

regards
   Peter Petersson