geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Ted Kirby" <ted.ki...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about Eclipse and config-substitution.properties in AG2.0
Date Sat, 18 Aug 2007 12:01:03 GMT
I don't fully follow all that you say.  With the plugin, when you
define a server, you may specify the HTTP and RMI Naming ports.  The
defaults are 8080 and 1099, respectively.  You may also edit and
change these values later.  These values are plain numbers.  There is
no notion of portOffset.  Nor does the plugin look at config.xml.

Your second post looks like a bug.  It seems the plugin code that
polls the server state has lost contact with the server.  It times
out, and changes the server to the stopped state.  You may also
configure Server Startup parameters/constraints:  ping delay, ping
interval and maximum pings.  Be sure that (ping interval) * (maximum
pings) / 1000 is longer than your server startup time.  From your
note, it sounds like that is not the problem, but rather that the
plugin has lost contact with the server.

HTH,
Ted Kirby