geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Is there a procedure to be followed to put new code in geronimo\plugins
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2007 19:00:01 GMT

On Aug 21, 2007, at 11:24 AM, Vamsavardhana Reddy wrote:

> I was wondering if there is a procedure to be followed to put new
> code in geronimo\plugins?

i've been making it up as I go along.  An actual suggested procedure
or maven archetype would be much better.  I think the minimum is
having a
<plugin project>
- trunk
- branches
- tags

svn structure.  I just moved the roller plugin to this structure today.

Both my plugin poms have
     <parent>
         <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.genesis.config</groupId>
         <artifactId>project-config</artifactId>
         <version>1.2</version>
     </parent>

     <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.plugins</groupId>

I wonder if we should have a parent pom for all plugins
specifically?  So far I'm just not sure one way or another, so
perhaps postponing that until we know what would go in it would be good.

>   I intend to move the geronimo-tuscany integration thing Manu and
> myself are working on out of sandbox and put under geronimo\plugins.

excellent!
>   Also, is there a release cycle for geronimo plugins?

No plugins from "plugins" have ever been released.  I'd like to see:

- use the maven release plugin + staging plugin
- use the maven-remote-resources-plugin

as minimum requirements for releasing.  I've yet to get the maven-
release-plugin to tag into the correct directory so this might take a
little work.  remote-resources seems to just work :-)

thanks
david jencks