geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Vamsavardhana Reddy" <c1vams...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 2.0 release status
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2007 16:02:18 GMT

> Here's where things stand at the moment
>
> Specs
> We have a vote on 3 spec releases that have been held up by a CDDL
> licensing issue. After reviewing the issues, I don't think these
> specs have a problem. They are not built with CDDL licensed
> materials. We <could> start to rebase our specs on CDDL licensed
> materials. I think this would make things cleaner. However, I don't
> think that it is necessary to do that now.
>
> Schemas
> We have an outstanding vote on two schema releases. These releases
> are built from CDDL licensed materials. At the moment, the license
> and notice files for the schema releases are not correct. I think we
> should do the following: move the schema source directories from our
> tck svn repository to our public repository, fix our license and
> notice files, and build schema releases from there. Note that both
> the schema source directories and the resultant schema binaries will
> have CDDL licensed elements. The current guidance that we have
> received from legal-discuss is that both source and binary CDDL is ok
> for us to release. We will need to be sure that our schemas follow
> all CDDL requirements.
>
> TX-Manager and Connector components
> The recently released 2.0 version of geronimo-connector has a
> problem. The geronimo-connector-2.0-tests.jar does not contain any
> classes. So, server builds fail when running tests. Matt has created
> a 2.0.1 release. We'll need to vote on this new release.
>
> 2.0 Release
> Matt and I have been working on updating branches/2.0.0 in
> preparation for a release. At the moment, the build is failing
> because of an xmlbeans version incompatibility. I haven't worked out
> the cause of this problem, yet. Once we're able to build, we can
> start testing and get a release vote started. This vote either cover
> the above specs/schemas/components releases or the vote would be
> dependent on separate release votes.

I do not know if this information is of great help and if the module I am
referring here is the one causing build failure.  I only hope it is useful.
When I build modules\geronimo-j2ee-builder, I get a build failure with
XmlBeans compile failed.  If I use IBMJDK1.5.0 it builds fine, but, without
the tests on.  I remember running into a similar problem attempting to build
G1.1 or 1.2 (I don't remember exactly) with IBMJDK and that time I had to
tweak some "exclusion" tags to get past some errors.   This is what prompted
me to attempt if that module builds fine using IBMJDK.  I have no
explanation why the module builds fine in branches\2.0.

--vamsi

--kevan