geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject per-db artifact filtering in the db pool wizard
Date Sat, 18 Aug 2007 00:56:03 GMT
I finally got sufficiently annoyed at the list of almost all the jars
in the repo in the db pool wizard to implement per-db filtering
(GERONIMO-3422).  I put in filters for the dbs listed in http://
geronimo.apache.org/driver-downloads.properties except for the sybase
jconnect drivers (I have no idea how to determine which db gbean they
correspond to).

It might be useful to supply similar filters for the non-freely-
downloadable driver jars such as db2, oracle, etc.  I hope someone
familiar with some of these databases  will take this over.

I'm not sure if its worth porting to 2.0.x branch.  I'd rather we
aimed for a quick 2.1 release with  new features such as "everythings
a plugin" than spent time porting non-critical stuff.

thanks
david jencks